Pages

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Getting to Know You

Hello! And welcome to my blog!

I'm Jen Collins, and I write M/M short stories for Evernight Publishing. This is my first post and I'm groping for words here.

Let's see, background ... I grew up reading Marvel Comics and Wendy Pini's Elfquest and started writing at an early age because I wanted to tell stories like that, with love and adventure and action and superpowers and love. Did I mention love? Good, because I love to write romantic stories. Where's the fun in saving the world if there's nobody there to hug you at the end?

Where I'm at ... I live in northern New Jersey with the hubster, Chuck, and a tortoise who lives in our back yard. I tend the garden, he mows the lawn and cleans out the gutters. It works.

What I write ... paranormal romance with a touch of humor. It was going to be M/F until Chuck pointed out all my favorite fan fictions were slash. Then there's those two cute guys on my favorite TV show so I decided, why not have some fun? Evernight published my first paranormal M/M ,Lost and Found. They're the greatest! This should give you an idea of what goes through my head while I'm writing:

Right now I'm doing a lot of shorter paranormal stories, but I might write a longer work soon. The story decides how long it wants to be. There isn't much I can do about it. I might try a contemporary someday too. I have a couple ideas. Regular people are heroes too. There are lots of ways to save the world.

Thanks for stopping in. I hope you like my books!

No comments:

Post a Comment