Pages

Thursday, October 26, 2017

Maybe This Will Shut Him Up

The hubs, who knows I only write M/M these days, has been pestering me to write F/F. I told him this was the only way I could do it. He hasn't bugged me since. Hee hee!

###

Xena peered warily around the bedroom. “Tell me why we’re doing this again?”

“There’s this thing, “ Gabrielle explained patiently. “It’s called F/F. It’s a subgenre of romance. Basically it’s two women, er, being really friendly with each other.”

“You mean having sex.”

Gabrielle got red in the face. “If you want to put it bluntly.”

Xena shrugged. “It’s not like I’ve never heard of it. I hear it’s all the rage on Lesbos. Plus the Amazons do it all the time. They only take male lovers when they want children. So you want to write this … F/F?”

The red of Gabrielle’s face deepened to a fine shade of brick. “Okay, so the bard biz hasn’t been the greatest lately. I heard there was a niche market and I thought I might—you get that smirk off your face!”

“I’m not smirking,” Xena said with a smirk. “This is a knowing grin. You want to do research, don’t you?”

Just when you thought a blush had limits, Gabrielle’s cheeks proved her wrong. “It’s not like I’m all that … experienced. You’re a woman of the world. You’ve been around. You know Amazons. I was hoping maybe you could, y’know, tell me a couple of stories.”

“I thought writing was all about showing, not telling.”

“I knew you were going to make fun of me. I should’ve tried to write M/M, but I know even less about that.”

“M/M?”

“Two men together. It’s really popular right now, especially among the Athenians. And the Spartans, but they won’t admit it publically.”

“Two men together …” Xena grew thoughtful. Suddenly she grinned like a demon. “Now that sounds like something I’d be interested in seeing.”

The door opened and Dean Winchester and Castiel stuck their heads inside. “No, you wouldn’t,” Dean said. “Trust me.” They disappeared again.

“Who the hell was that?” Xena said, staring at the door.

“Cameo appearance. Anyway, is there anything you can tell me about two women in a, well, romantic situation?”

Smiling, Xena took her partner’s hand and guided her to the bed. “I’d much rather show you. That was your plan all along, wasn’t it?”

Now Gabrielle smirked. “What can I say? You got me.”

“Damn right I got you. So how does the writer handle this part of the story?”

“Well, usually if they don’t want to offend anybody, they end the sentence with three dots …”

# # #

Much gasping, moaning, and bed-creaking followed. Dean, at the window, struggled with his fly. “Holy shit, this was totally worth popping into ancient Greece for,” he rasped.

“You shouldn’t be watching them,” Castiel chastised.

“Shut up, Cas. Goddamn zipper.”

“Do you need help with that?”

“Well,” a desperate Dean said, “now that you mention it …”

No comments:

Post a Comment