Pages

Monday, October 22, 2018

Forewarned is Forearmed

Hi! I know, it's been a while. Been busy. Anyway, I thought I'd stop in and get the promo ball running early. I'm finally going to have a new release out from Evernight, probably in January. Kicking the New Year off right!

I also want to warn everybody now that this new book is a bit of a departure for me. Up until now I've been writing paranormal/shapeshifter stories, with the occasional SFF thrown in. However, this new one is a contemporary. Modern, real-life setting with average, true-to-life characters. Not a single shifter in the bunch. The plot deals with comic books, and there are heroes, but NO superheroes wielding superpowers in the cast. Real life has enough supervillains running loose in the streets.

It's still an M/M story. That part hasn't changed.

It's been a while--like,ever--since I've written a story with characters who don't have powers and can't turn into anything. And y'know what? I had fun. Because people are people, whether they have superpowers or not. Whether they're Spider-Man or Average Joe, they're going to oversleep, catch a cold, argue with some dork at work and just possibly fall in love. Stories are about people, not powers. The people without powers just have to find different coping mechanisms.

Don't worry, I'm not on a true-life kick. I've already finished another story, and this one has shapeshifters in it. And pro wrestlers. Talk about fantasy.

I'm getting myself back on track. With a little effort on my part, I might even get more stories out on a close-to-regular basis. But not necessarily blogs. Hey, I'm not Wonder Woman. Just ask the hubs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment